sorry, what are you trying to do with this?

if we preparse the markup and break it up into tags at compile time we
still have to store it somehow and load it at runtime. so that format
would need to be more efficient at storing markup than xml already is,
but the parser is a very tinny percentage of the request and it only
happens on the first load of markup - we cache the parsed structure.
so you would have a very small gain at the high price of introducing a
compilation step into the build process...

is it worth it?

-igor