I mean if you have a wicket:id="abc", it will generate class with...
emm... not sure, say method "getAbc()" which will return an object
which represents an element, so it can be bound to a Component. So, in
java-code you can use only elements which are actually exist in
html-markup.
Maybe something similar then set of java classes are generated for wsdl or xsd.

2009/2/16 Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>:
> sorry, what are you trying to do with this?
>
> if we preparse the markup and break it up into tags at compile time we
> still have to store it somehow and load it at runtime. so that format
> would need to be more efficient at storing markup than xml already is,
> but the parser is a very tinny percentage of the request and it only
> happens on the first load of markup - we cache the parsed structure.
> so you would have a very small gain at the high price of introducing a
> compilation step into the build process...
>
> is it worth it?
>
> -igor
>
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 9:46 AM, kan <kan....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But html-template just is a regular file, a class resource compiled in
>> jar, you cannot change/generate it dynamically in run-time.
>> Dynamic markup allows to build a component-tree in run-time, but
>> doesn't allow to change html-template or assigned java-class itself.
>>
>> 2009/2/16 Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>:
>>> the point of all those wicket:ids is to generate dynamic markup.
>>> dynamic meaning runtime.
>>>
>>> -igor

>> --
>> WBR, kan.