Every time I think I want to move up from wicket-auth-roles, I realize that its YAGNI and never do. that said, that are times when auth-roles is a pain, but thats always because its written so its not easily extendable.

My advice would be "do you actually need such fine grained control over security ot he site, that you can't do it via a role?".

- Brill