On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Eduardo Nunes <esnu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I always use DTO in service methods. My point of view is that if you
> have a method named "getSimpleUserList" and your User entity has 10
> attributes and for this simple list you just need 3 of them, doesn't
> make sense to me return a Set of User objects, for that I would create
> a SimpleUserDto and return a Set of it.

I'm not a big fan of DTOs.  I understand why folks use them, but until
I figure out that I actually need them (for performance reasons), I
actually stick with just sending back my entities from the database.
For the most part, it works for me and I find it convenient to have
everyone coding to the same "domain" objects.