I haven't looked into Gears at great length, but I think you may be up
against a wall here - where the two may be incompatible.  Offline
gears applications require fat clients.  Wicket isn't typically for
making fat clients because everything about it ties it back to the
server.

If you already have it such that each office has their own server and
database, then it seems that this isn't a product development problem
so much as it's a network support issue.  How often should the network
within an office really be down?  I'd try to push this problem back up
the management chain.

Conceptually, it's a cool idea, though.  Let us know if you have any success.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com