Hi all,

We are using the Spring @Transactional annotation on a method of a Wicket Panel, and it does not appear to be doing anything. From some reading around, I had kind of assumed that @Transactional would work in Wicket components, but Im now wondering whether it does.

(We've gone through the usual suspects in the app context and everything seems correct there.)

Can anyone confirm under what circumstances/pre-conditions @Transactional definitely does/not work?

If so, how does the Spring annotation scanner become aware of Wicket components? And how could it substitute a CGlib-modified dynamic subclass with AOP hooks installed, when the Panel is instantiated with a 'new' operator?

Regards
Ben

--

*Ben Hutchison