if you do it in ajax you could use

        window.location.href

to force the redirect from client side...

Am 22.07.2009 um 11:37 schrieb Arthur Leigh Allen:

Hi again,

I need to know if it's possible to switch to SSL via button or form.
Otherwise I have to switch back to wicket 1.3.5. I'm in hurry because
we will go online within the next 10-14 days.

Can anyone give me a prompt answer please?

Thx & Best regards
Arthur

________________________________
Von: Arthur Leigh Allen <arthurleigh.al...@yahoo.de>
An: users@wicket.apache.org
Gesendet: Dienstag, den 21. Juli 2009, 19:18:18 Uhr
Betreff: AW: SSL - ajax login

Hello Igor,

thanks for your early reply.
Yes, my login form is submitted via ajax.

public class BasePage {

    public void switchViaAjax(...) { ... }
    public void navigateViaAjax(...) { ... }

}

@RequireHttps
public class SSLForm extends Form { ... }

public class LoginPanel {

    public LoginPanel() { ... }

    public create() {
        SSLForm form = new SSLForm("loginForm");
        form.add(username);
        form.add(password);

AjaxFallbackButton loginButton = new AjaxFallbackButton("loginButton", form) { protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form) {
                // perform login => login is done via http

As you said @RequireSSL is for pages.
Do you have any idea how I can remove @RequireHttps from the top of my BasePage and switch to https on login? Currently I think the only way to provide a ssl ajax call is to show the base page via ssl as a starting basis.

Therefore I have to use @RequireSSL on the BasePage but that means every communication is done via ssl
and that means more server ballast and a slower page refresh.

Greetings
Arthur