Hello,

I'm trying to add internationalization to my wicket application using Wicket 1.4 final. In order to customize labels I don't use wicket:message but use Label subclasses.

So, both the Wiki page "General i18n in Wicket" an Wicket in Action state that I may define a property file for a page, say Index.properties and define any label resource in this file.

So far so good, it seems to work as long as I don't have a label nested in a panel or in a form!
Say I have a page Index and a panel Sidebar like this:

public class Sidebar extends Panel {
        public Sidebar(final String id) {
                super(id);
                add(new Label("header", new ResourceModel("header")));

public class Index extends WebPage {
        public Index() {
                super();
                add(new Sidebar("sidebar"));

Now, if I define

sidebar.header = Sidebar Header!

in a file 'Index.properties' a MissingResourceException is thrown.
Does anybody know how to do it right?

regards,

Robin.