Yes, you're right!!
In case of a simple label there seem to be too many name parts for my understanding.
So, I always need a last part for the ResourceModel, right?
(like <panel-idt>.<label-id>.<resource-key>)

Imagine a form with many textfields each with a SimpleFormComponentLabel and
an additional Label. So I have to define something like:

form.name.label.text
form.name.hint.text
form....

and so on in a Page.properties file.
If I use Application.properties only I can ommit the last part so for now I will stick
with Application.properties...

thanks!