> The simple question I have is, "How do I invoke the behavior associated
> with an AjaxButton as well as the form processing logic, like validation?"

Clicking the button always results in form processing if you hae
defaultFormProcessing=true.

You can click the button via ajax using tester.executeAjaxEvent(xx, "onclick");

> I am using Wicket 1.3.5.

Stop using 1.3.5. 1.4 branch is more robust.

> I have a form that is submitted via an AjaxButton, overriding onSubmit(
> AjaxRequestTarget anAjaxTarget, Form aForm ).  I can easily invoke it's
> behavior by using executeAjaxEvent( path, "onclick" ), but this obviously
> doesn't make use of the FormTester.

call tester.newFormTester(xx) first, and after you have filled the
necessary values, execute the ajax event (instead of calling
formtester.submit).

**
Martin