I'm not sure this is what you want, but have a look at this:
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax/choice
It's drop down with ajax.
What they did is setting in the model Map of values.

Eyal Golan
egola...@gmail.com

Visit: http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74

P  Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary