Hi!

I am relatively new to Wicket but impressed by the comfort it offers.
So far I used Perl/ModPerl/JavaScript for my web projects. I am usually using Java for my Desktop apps.

For a application which should be created from scratch I am forced to use Microsofts Bing Maps (formerly known as VirtualEarth). Bing Maps is something similar to Google Maps. Basically there are only two tasks
which have to performed with Bing.

a) Placing placemarks/pushpins on the map
b) Displaying those placemarks later (the placemarks act as links to some documents)

I know that there is an extension for using Google Maps with Wicket, but I haven't found any for Bing Maps/VE.

Is it basically possible to integrate Bing Maps with Wicket? I think task b) Displaying the placemarks can be done easily. But how about task a)? I am able to fire an JavaScript function when the user places a pusphin but how can I forward
this event to Wicket? Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

Christian

--