In one of my wizard's steps I have a upload form and a textarea.

The textarea is used to enter serial numbers(seperated by newline) and is
connected to a object property of type Set<String> using a propertymodel.
I've written a custom converter to turn the entered input to a Set<String>
and from a Set<String> back to simple string.

When pressing the wizard's next the input is validated and if valid the
backing model will have Set<String> of serials.

I want the upload form to be used to upload a file containing serial
numbers.
I would like that the content of the uploaded file will be placed into the
textarea, so that when Next is pressed again it is validated.

Is this possible?
Can I put the file's content into the text area by pressing upload without
ruining the property model the textarea uses?