on the wiki[1] it is described how to get rid of wicket markup such as
wicket:id attributes on a page basis
page basis is an specific page on your project, or you want to strip wicket
tags to all pages?

you can override application init method and put your configuration lines:
        getMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true);

or create your BasiPageParentWithoutWicketTagsSuperclass for those specific
pages extensions...

--
Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos