Hi,

I have a LinkTree on a page, that page also contains a panel. First time the page will be loaded with an empty panel. But if user clicks on link, then i wanted to replace the empty panel with a new panel. but it seems like its not working. Below is the part of my code-

  1. public ListContractsPage() {
  2.         add(prepareTree());
  3.         add(new
     EmptyPanel("detailsPanel","").setOutputMarkupId(true));
  4.     }
  5.     private BaseTree prepareTree() {
  6.         DefaultMutableTreeNode rootNode = new
     DefaultMutableTreeNode("Contracts");
  7.         TreeModel treeModel = new DefaultTreeModel(rootNode);
  8.         assembleContracts(rootNode);
  9.         final LinkTree linkTree=new LinkTree("tree", treeModel){
 10.             @Override
 11.             protected void onNodeLinkClicked(Object node, BaseTree
     tree, AjaxRequestTarget target) {
 12.                 Object userObject = ((DefaultMutableTreeNode)
     node).getUserObject();
 13.                 Panel targetPanel;
 14.                 if (userObject instanceof ServiceHandle) {
 15.                     targetPanel = new
     ServiceDetailsPanel<ServiceHandle>("detailsPanel", (ServiceHandle)
     userObject);
 16.                 } else if (userObject instanceof ContractHandle) {
 17.                     targetPanel = new
     ContractDetailsPanel<ContractHandle>("detailsPanel",
     (ContractHandle) userObject);
 18.                 } else {
 19.                     throw new AssertionError("Expected: master,
     sub or service handle, but found: " +
     userObject.getClass().getSimpleName());
 20.                 }
 21.                 targetPanel.setOutputMarkupId(true);
 22.                 target.addComponent(targetPanel);
 23.             }
 24.         };
 25.         return linkTree;
 26.     }

The panel which is added on line3, will be replaced by line15 or line17. But it seems like its not replacing. I actually debugged, and the control reaches over there and executes upto line22. But the new panel was never rendered on browser.

I am using wicket 1.4.2.

Anyone have any idea why new panels are not rendered?

Thanks in advance.

Jahid