I haven't used wicketstuff-push myself so I can't be of much help there. I
once had to implement some push functionality and I used DWR in combination
with Wicket. Going the reverse AJAX can complicate things a lot (or so I
believe). Thus, think carefully if what you want to achieve cannot be
accomplished using other means. e.g.  an AJAX timer that polls the server
from time to time and if new navigation is available updates what you need
to update (maybe asking  the user if they want to do so;-).

Regards,

Ernesto