How do you "already know" the attributes of all of the research items?  Does
that mean that you could enumerate them?

On Nov 11, 2009 12:23 AM, "Sam Barrow" <s...@sambarrow.com> wrote:

The value objects are not simple attributes of an entity. Let me explain
what they do (a little simplified but the fundamentals are there).

We have a research module that performs pricing research.

ResearchItem
 CellPhoneResearchItem
 IPodResearchItem
 LaptopResearchItem
 Etc

Since the identity of these research items is defined solely by their
attributes they are implemented as value objects. I know this is different
from your everyday value object (eg Address) Does this sound like maybe a
problem that should be addressed in the domain model?
Value objects were chosen since it makes it much easier in many other areas
to just create a new research item, rather than call repositories to load
old ones (impossible in some places). No point in loading something you know
all the attributes of.

The only way to get them reliably is to call
ResearchItemGenerationService.generateResearchItems()

-----Original Message----- From: James Carman <jcar...@carmanconsulting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009...

Subject: Re: another serialization question Can you go through the entity to
get to these objects? ...