Refactoring could definitely be supported in IDEA.  With the Hibernate
support, when you change a property name it will change your mapping
hbm.xml (yes, we still use them) files for you automatically.  Same
thing happens with the Spring support.  The configuration files are
changed for you.  I don't know how eclipse works with this kind of
stuff, but IDEA definitely has hooks for this kind of stuff.