2009/12/9 Yves-Marie LAINÉ <ymla...@gmail.com>:
> (But put Serializable in Session doesn't mean to put Serialized in Session)
Uh?

> And it seems that wicket Serialize each Page one by one. This way if you
> have a single object instance that you share between pages as object
> property, after pages serialization, if you have ten page referencing your
> object you will have ten copies of your object, while you think you have
> only one.
I guess, it just means you use default serialization strategy (you're
using org.apache.wicket.model.Model, aren't you?) but expect it to do
something custom.

> It's a known serialization drawback. And it's what I want to get
> arround, when Serialization is not needed.
Use proper models. For example, HibernateObjectModel from databinder
doesn't serialize whole persistent entity but just its primary key +
class. So on subsequent requests object state is loaded again from db.

Also, I think you skipped one of my points - wicket will _only_
serialize page if there's stateful component on it. It is absolutely
possible to use wicket without any serialization at all (although you
must not use stateful components then). @StatelessComponent from
wicket-devutils is an invaluable tool to enforce such practice.