From: d...@agentlab.de [mailto:d...@agentlab.de] Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:08 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Large number components and redering time

Hi,

I have a question on how to address a certain problem that arose in my
current
project: we have a two-dimensional array with a variable number of rows and
columns
(not exactly rocket science, I know) that needs to be rendered in an HTML
table where
each cell is currently represented by a wicket-Label. Now, in the production
environment, the number of rows and columns gets quite large such that we
have roughly
25.000 cells to render. This yields to the effect, that the rendering
process for the
component tree takes a lot of time: on my windows machine approx 7 seconds
and, for
some reason we have not found out about until now, on the integration
machine (IBM
server) around 45 seconds. Clearly, this is not acceptable.

Now, my question is, how should we address this problem? Is the naive
approach of
using two nested ListViews and rendering each as component plain dumb? What
would be
the alternatives?

Thanks for any help,

J.