Riyad,

Thanks for replying - I may have not been clear enough. The database
connection is fine when I run the application normally. The choices from the
dropdown list are loaded, and I've also put a temporary system.out line to
spit the contents of the list out immediately after loading, so that I can
verify the contents. Everything works UNTIL I run in debug-mode in Netbeans.
At that point, the lists dont get loaded. I don't change anything, other
than running Netbeans in debug.