Martin can you explain your use-case, namely what is the importance of
seeing which page a user is no-longer on?

Seems like a super-easy way to do this would be to extend a base-page that
updates a Session metadata element with the current page the user is on and
allow a listener to be notified when this changes?

But depending on who you want listening to this I suppose you could do away
with the whole listener/metadata thing and just have your basepage call some
trigger method onRender that would do some work?

-R