1 other idea (among others that would probably work) is a custom
IRequestCycleProcessor impl that checks the returned IRequestTarget (
http://wicket.apache.org/docs/1.4/org/apache/wicket/IRequestTarget.html) to
see if it's sending back the PageRequestTarget (
http://wicket.apache.org/docs/1.4/org/apache/wicket/request/target/component/PageRequestTarget.html)
that belongs to the page that generates the temp file, and if it is,
generate the file, if it isn't, erase it.

I'll admit I've not done any of this, so I'd defer to someone smarter for
the "right" approach. These are just ideas.