hopefully this helps:

We can bind a simple click handler to this element:

$('.clickme').bind('click', function() {
  // Bound handler called.
});

When the element is clicked, the handler is called. However, suppose that
after this, another element is added:

$('body').append('<div class="clickme">Another target</div>');

This new element also matches the selector .clickme, but since it was added
after the call to .bind(), clicks on it will do nothing.

The .live() method provides an alternative to this behavior. If we bind a
click handler to the target element using this method:

$('.clickme').live('click', function() {
    // Live handler called.
});

And then later add a new element:

$('body').append('<div class="clickme">Another target</div>');

Then clicks on the new element will also trigger the handler.

http://api.jquery.com/live/ jQuery Live