There are many classes of smart phones available.  Some support n JS, some
very limited, while others support just about anything you can put in a
regular browser.  Because of this, you may use the same java code with three
or four different styles of markup so that each browser class has its own
markup.

Search the list for "mobile.walmart.com" and see the post made by the guys
that created that site.  It talked about this.  They also released some open
source components - visural wicket.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com