In firefox it doesn't. Firefox reads the page back from it's in memory
cache, which is the state before you clicked the ajax link. The headers
should be changed to force firefox to request the page from the server
(wicket). There are other threads on this subject, and frankly I do not
understand why the headers are not changed in wicket core.