Hi,

we also just experienced issues with this, and the fix of WICKET-2600
still causes problems (as already described in this post):

For the redirect to "." tomcat produces a Location header like
http://www.example.org/. (notice the trailing dot), which causes IE to
do request exactly this url, for which no page ist mounted. Therefore
the 404 page not found.

Is there a special reason why "." was chosen here?

What do you think about an alternative handling like this:

if (redirectUrl.startsWith("./")) {
  if (redirectUrl.length() == 2)) {
    WebRequest request = (WebRequest) requestCycle.getRequest();
    String contextPath = request.getHttpServletRequest().getContextPath(); //
e.g. "/myapp"
    String servletPath = request.getServletPath(); // e.g. "/"
    redirectUrl = contextPath + servletPath;
  }
  else {
    redirectUrl.substring( 2 )

Cheers,