Well, I have tried using ListModel as following:

selectableValues = new ListView<SelectableValue>("selectableValuesList", new
ListModel<SelectableValue>(list))
{
..
}

and then:

                selectableValues.getModelObject().add(new
SelectableValue(newId, "value "
+ newId++));

without any success.

BTW, do I also need to set the model for the CheckGroup as following?

checkGroupSelectableValues = new
CheckGroup<SelectableValue>("selectedValues",  new
CollectionModel<SelectableValue>(list));

I did not need to do this in my other application but in this application if
I don't do it then I get the model is null exception.  I thought that when I
add the ListView Object to the CheckGroup object then the model object is
set for CheckGroup.

The bottom line is that I can not make this thing what ever I tried.

Please help.  Thanks.