Thanks for idea, but unfortunately onrequest is a final method.
I tried to add my Label to the target used in respond method, but nothing happens in this case :(.

* vineet semwal <vineetsemwal1...@gmail.com> [Mon, 24 May 2010 14:28:46 +0530]:
you can add your own autocompletebehavior in
autocompletetextfield,there
you
can do the label update in onrequest if the size is greater than what
you
want,you will also have to write a dao method that returns the count
of
items returned so that you can
check with the size you want.

2010/5/24 Katherine <kati...@rambler.ru>

> There is no problem in how many items returned, the problem I need
> notify user, that there are N items in general.
> So I just need a possibility to update Label by ajax after
getChoices
got
> number of items.
>
> * vineet semwal <vineetsemwal1...@gmail.com> [Mon, 24 May 2010
13:19:47
> +0530]:
>
>  one way is to make sure that not more than n numbers of rows are
>> returned
>> from your dao itself
>> where n is the maximum number of  choices you want to process in
>> getchoices() but it may be not what you want.
>>

>> 2010/5/24 Katherine <kati...@rambler.ru>
>>

>> > As I've wrote there is no AjaxRequestTarget in getChoices that
means
>> > AjaxRequestTarget.get() returns null there.
>> >

>> > * Gerolf Seitz <gerolf.se...@gmail.com> [Sun, 23 May 2010
20:50:58
>> +0200]:
>> >
>> > AjaxRequestTarget.get() returns the current AjaxRequestTarget,
if

>> > there

>> > onchange

>> > DropDownList,