you can add a servlet context listener that looks for the lock file
and nukes it.

alternatively you can use the Start class that comes with wicket
quickstart archetype/project that does what mvn jetty:run but with the
added benefit of allowing hotswapping, and in that class you can add
the code to nuke the lock file.

-igor