Hi Amit,

the market for web-apps specially designed for mobiles is rather new, the
technological decisions made in that area aren't quite settled yet. Its not
even clear if serving your content in an web-app is the best approach.
The biggest problem seems to be the big number of different devices out
there. Solving that is not really dependent on the framework you use for
developing the web-app. Though if you use wicket your toolbox is well set.
Since it is not possible to render the content customized down to every
device out there a classification of the devices needs to be done. Then it
is a monetary question to decide how many device classes ought to be
supported.
With wicket you might have the chance of developing the components once and
then render em using the html template that fits the device best. Wickets
style mechanism is a good entry point for that.

Ad 1.
It runs on the server side, no different jdk needed

Ad 2.
Firefox offers a plugin that lets you configure the user-agent string in the
header, so the browser can mimic another browser.
As many of the mobile browsers are WebKit based Google Chrome is a good
start to test with.

Ad 3.
err... not that I know of.

Ad 4.
Life will teach you

Ad 5.
same as 3.

Ad 6.
How should we know. Just go ahead and tell us about the experiences you make

mf