Where exactly in this code you need access to .properties ?
Here is a way with normal j.u.c Executor:
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.beforeExecute(Thread t, Runnable r)
{

  if (r instanceof MyRunnable) {
    MyRunnable mr = (MyRunnable) r;
    mr.setApplication(Application.get());

abstract class MyRunnable implements Runnable {
  private Application app;

  public void setApplication(Application a) {app = a;}

  public abstract void onRun();

  public void run() {
    try {
      Application.set(app);
      onRun();
    } finally {
      Application.unset();

And don't forget to shutdown the executor on Application#onDestroy()