> In the case of automating or scripting builds, is there ever a worry
> about
> keeping the Eclipse and Maven builds consistent?  I would imagine that
> one
> could develop and debug in Eclipse.  But when it comes time to do an
> official build (with Maven), the results could be a little different.

Depends on the setup. For instance, we have run into issues where the Eclipse
project somehow managed to be set up with src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes as
project output, so that Eclipse builds put classes there. However, then Maven
picked up stuff from there overriding target/classes (if you had edited in
Eclipse but not built automatically) even though the Maven plugin docs said it
by default ignored WEB-INF/classes... the fix was to direct Eclipse to build to
target/classes as well.

- Tor Iver