> Is there a way a program could extract a count of the participants
(i.e.
> distinct e-mail addresses) in the archived mailing list for a variety
of
> time periods (to show growth in user base)?

That sounds like a good idea.

It looks like they're moving towards Wicket: I built a sample app and
they were impressed with the very small amount of code required to build
the UI and the fact that the UI/Model interface is direct, simple Java
method invocation on the POJO model objects is an extremely compelling
productivity advantage that's hard to resist.