> That's one more reason why I use UUID's for my object ids.  They're
> harder to spoof.

Security by obscurity :-)

Checking the URL is not an option ... any web app claiming to be secure must do
that no what what the surrogate database key looks like *imho*

Also, if the userID is the id of the currently logged in user why not just
store it in your wicket session when logging on to make it inaccessible for the
client and prevent spoof altogether?