> That part of the thread is what I was replying to - that it was then
> insecure because the DB ID is in the URL.  This is not a standard way of
> doing most links in Wicket - because of the security leak....

A workaround is to use one-time keys (tokens) in a map that you set for the URL
and then destructively get in the constructor. What the token points to (the
"real" id) is kept server-side. This will be non-RESTful though since the URL
will not represent the resource any longer once it has been used.

You could maybe even implement that as a custom URLCodingStrategy or whatever
new mechanism in 1.5 is better suited for the task. The simplest case would be
just to have a singleton mapper with two methods, one for adding (returning
token for value) and one for removing (returning value for token) where the
token is just a sequence number. To make it more complicated the service could
be registered as a JNDI resource or a OSGi bundle... :)

- Tor Iver