On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Carl-Eric Menzel <cmen...@wicketbuch.de> wrote:

> I think you misunderstood Frank's point. Why are the components in a
> hierarchy in the first place, if the hierarchy can be changed without
> changing behavior or semantics? They can simply be flat in the parent
> then.

Say you have two forms on one panel (don't know if this is the best
example or not, but here goes).  You want to move a field from one
panel to another.  You'd have to do that in code with the traditional
approach.  With the "queued" approach, you'd just queue all your
components to the parent container and it would auto-add them to the
correct subcomponent as it finds them in the markup.

With this, the order does matter, though.  Suppose you had two
components you wanted to queue with the same id, completely different
components.  If you reverse their order, then they're auto-added in a
different order.