Hi folks,

I try to implement persistent feedback messages (feedback messages
that persist until next validate call). I would like to achieve this
by having special attribute with persistent messages in a component
and overriding hasErrorMessage method like this:

public boolean hasErrorMessage()
{
        return super.hasErrorMessage && hasPersistentErrorMessage();
}

But there's a problem. Methods hasErrorMessage and hasFeedbackMessage
in Component are final.
I've found wicket bug related to persistent feedback messages:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2705. Igor Vaynberg
wrote:

feedback messages are stored in component's metadata with the components
add new support for persistent feedback messages - these are not
cleaned up after render

form components report their errors as persistent
form components clean their reported errors once validated
so form component workflow looks like this:

before validate - clear all reported errors
validate - reports persistent messages
onvalid - clear all reported errors
onerror - do nothing, messages stay until next validation or onvalid

Until this desired behavior will be implemented (as Igor wrote in 1.6)
it would be useful to have hasErrorMessage() and hasFeedbackMessage()
non-final, so users could implement persistent feedback messages.
Is it possible? Thanks.

BR,
Michal