afaik problem is you are doing form.getmodelobject(),that form could be ajax
submitted and so you are trying to initialize associate
collection in different session..

i don't understand your 1. and 2.
why are you adding to list when user has not clicked on save ?

i think adding a new phone number or entry should itself means a new entry
is persisted and user is shown the new list..

--
regards,
Vineet Semwal