> I don't think it is a good idea to have multiple applications in one
> war. Wicket stores static state in ThreadLocals (Application, Session,
> etc.).

The ThreadLocal objects are static, yes, but the actual objects stored there
are per thread and thus not static.

> All apps in the same war share the same ClassLoader and thus the
> same static ThreadLocal instances. There might be circumstances when the
> state somehow gets messed up.

If one thread can get at objects belonging to a different thread that would not
be a "circumstance" but "a serious bug".

> I'm sure this is the source of your
> problems. So, either go for one app for all users or create two separate
> war files.

The Application instance is shared between all users, but in this case there is
no user state in it, the difference is which Session class is used for
factorizing the user Session, and which Pages are mounted (again, for factory
purposes).

- Tor Iver