Igor, we would like have access to the Wicket page model while
processing the custom form submission, so using separate servlets is
not a good solution for us.

I started implemented the 3.1 step in our solution and immediately ran
into a problem because wicket form contains a DIV with a hidden input
with name wicketForm9a_hf_0, which I suspect is required by Wicket. I
am assuming that 3.2 is a preferred approach because it will work even
if other hidden form elements are added in later versions of Wicket.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Alec