You should pick the last 1.4 stable version, as of the time of this email,
would be 1.4.17.

Secondly, Hibernate is an implementation of JPA and has no relationship with
Wicket, but it has with Spring. You may drop all of your Spring MVC code,
and keep the rest of its service and data layers.

Why don't you run your system and save the screens in static HTML files?
That way it will be easier to apply the wicket:id modifiers to dynamic
nodes.

Then you will only have to code the presentation layer of Wicket as Java
classes.

Also, get Spring 3.0.5.

*Bruno Borges*
www.brunoborges.com.br