No,

It's an off-topic for wicket, but maven just helps standardize things
for development and make it easier to manage dependencies & stuff. It
enables you to forget all the little details required to run a project
based on open source libraries & frameworks - just add a dependency
definition and let maven do the job.

Once you build the project - maven gives you an output ( jar, war or
ear - whatever appropriate ) package which you can transfer anywhere
you need.

Thanks to maven we now have so many open source projects &
contributions, because it made things much easier.

Regards

Žilvinas Vilutis

E-mail:   cika...@gmail.com