I was trying to make minimal code changes. I thought of an alternative
that hopefully will work ok:

Using named parameters and ignore the names!

Eg.,

URL  /page/name1/value1

I can mount a page like:

/page/${dummy_name1}/${value1}

I could simply ignore dummy_name1 and assume there is a value in the
'value1' slot so the existing code that reads it via:

Parameters.get("value1")

Would continue to work as it did in 1.4.

It's crazy enough that it *might* just work!

URL?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Request+mapping****