It all depends on your needs ;-). I don't know much about Spring Security, but personally speaking I've always been fine with Wicket authentication.
While I was trying to design a wicket app in my mind - the first thing
I thought of was authentication and ( spring ) security.

I know that "wicket is secure" by default ( a quote from wicket
features? :), we can use wicket auth&  annotation based security.
Wicket will automatically redirect to original page after login.

So...did anyone think of it - what is the real reason to use spring or
other security framework ( shiro? ) for authentication? what benefits
does it bring apart from some standards&  overhead for the app? is it
integration with other auth systems ( OpenID, Facebook login or
whatever )? or what?

Just pennies for thought...

Žilvinas Vilutis

Mobile:   (+1) 623 330 6048