You're taking the statement "Wicket is Secure by default" out of its
context. The full statement is "Wicket is secure by default. URLs do not
expose sensitive information and all component paths are
session-relative. Explicit steps must be taken to share information
between sessions. Furthermore URL encryption allows highly secure web
sites."

The statement has nothing to do with authorisation and authentication,
but with common security pitfalls when designing web-applications which
may result in exposing sensitive information, e.g. javascript related
security holes in your pages.

Authorisation & authentication are in a completely different ballpark.
The features of wicket auth & annotation based security can be used to
integrate Wicket with either Spring Security or Apache Shiro, they are
certainly not a replacement for those frameworks (although those
frameworks offer alternative ways to declare authorisation
requirements). So use Spring Security or Apache Shiro if you want to
integrate authorisation and authentication into your web-app, and don't
want to reinvent the wheel yourself. Wicket doesn't know what LDAP is,
or SSO, or how to control access to resources other than wicket
components.