On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Chris Colman
<chr...@stepaheadsoftware.com>wrote:

> Obviously this isn’t a problem during debug with a single user but when
> 1000s of pages need to be rendered each minute the time spent performing the
> above operations may become significant. I haven’t done any benchmark
> testing but from experience, the frequenct allocation and compiling of
> collections and sorting can get CPU expensive and switching to a caching
> alternative usually leads to significant performance improvements.****

It'd definitely be worth optimizing if we can prove it's a bottle-neck.  But
we try to avoid premature optimization.  Can you put together some numbers
to see what kind of processing load we're talking about?  I'd be interested
in seeing % of overall processing time under load.  Something like "with X
clients browsing Y pages per minute, each page render took an average R
milliseconds, and Z milliseconds of this was in creating link URLs".  Or
something like that.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com