> - why we don't use jsr330 @javax.inject.Inject since both Spring and
> Guice support it. With CDI I think javax.enterprise.inject.Inject is used
> which is yet another …

I would not try to support @javax.inject.Inject which means using the lowest
common denominator of all these injection technologies.

We still could but then it would be the second-best choice...

For instance @javax.inject.Inject does not support optional injection like
guice @Inject(optional=true) does. Or @SpringBean(required=true). Or control if
we want to create a proxy for the injected bean or not, and so on...

I would favor the usage of one common wicket-specific(!) injection annotation
(e.g. @WicketInject ) so we can add options to it which might be implemented
differently depending on the framework (guice/spring/cdi).

So swapping one technologie for another will not affect the code of your wicket
application (except the initialization part).

my 2%

Cheers
Peter