But the List isn't updated by a user's action. There's a decoupling here: the
user's action inserts a row that has a 'state-column' that's initialized
with, let's call it 'unfinished'. The processes are executed asynchronously
by another thread, that, after some minutes, updates the state-column to
'finished'.
My ListView represents a list of finished processes, so you can never know
when the selection on the database changes. So how do I know when an update
has taken place? I need a sort of listener there.