Hi!

Today I have learned about a huge misconception I have had about wicket 1.4.

I have actually been thinking that it is an MVC framework.

But it is practically not. Why? Wicket's request cycle and
serialization process makes effortless MVC design almost impossible.
It seems like wicket is just an "MVC proxy", via IModels.

Maybe it's just my mistake, but maybe it is also a design issue in
wicket. Don't know yet.

Nevertheless, I am trying out a new approach where model and wicket
are more strictly decoupled: wicket will only render what is managed
in a non-visual model that has a some sort of "facade" representation
which can be iterated and rendered.

So it will be:

Wicket (View) <-> Facade <-> (Model, Controller)

Until now I have been wronlgy assuming that wicket can manage the
lifecycle of Model, View, Controller, but it truly becomes a mess with
serialization issues and complex logic.

My 2cents ;)

**
Martin